Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is the latest version of The Anti-Malware Formerly Known As Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) 2.0 ships with a completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative and provide quicker access to key functionality. MBAM 2.0 also built in and improved our Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon self-protection technologies. Most importantly, MBAM 2.0’s detection and removal engine are significantly improved under the hood. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and run a scan. It’s that simple. It provides better protection and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC. Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium Features include:
• Anti-Malware/Anti-Spyware: Detects and eliminates malware your antivirus will miss.
• Malicious Website Blocking: Prevents access to and from known malicious webpages.
• Real-time protection: Detects malware automatically in real-time, before it can infect.
• Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit: Removes rootkits and repairs the files they damage.
• Hyper Scan Mode: Scans faster by only looking for active threats.
• Scan/Database Update Scheduler: Enables you to schedule automatic scans and database updates.
• Malwarebytes Chameleon Driver: Prevents malware from terminating Malwarebytes or modifying its processes.
• Advanced Malware Removal: Employs industry-leading technology to completely remove malware code.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Languages Available: Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugual), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese
• Windows Vista/Windows7/Windows 8 (32 bit or 64 bit)
• Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Later
• Internet Explorer 6 or newer
• 256MB of RAM (512MB or more recommended)
• 800MHz CPU or faster
• 20MB of free hard disk space
• 800×600 or greater screen resolution
• Active internet connection for database and product updates
What’s NEW in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2 (May 20, 2014)
• Changed some of the terminology used in scan results and scan logs to make them clearer
• Enabling or disabling self-protection should now be more responsive under most circumstances
• Each language name is now listed in its native tongue rather than being translated to make switching languages easier
• Blank window is no longer observed flashing on screen during startup and shut down of system when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is running in the tray on Windows Vista and newer operating systems
• Several crashes and BSOD issues fixed with rootkit scanning
• Scan speed improved with rootkit scanning enabled under some circumstances
• Rootkit scans should no longer hang indefinitely under certain conditions
• Compatibility issues with certain VPN client software fixed
• Protection no longer fails to start after upgrade under some circumstances when self-protection is active prior to upgrading
• Entire General Settings tab now responds to clicks correctly
• Several issues with Access Policy restrictions not restricting access as they should
• Editing the Access Policy password no longer results in restricted areas of the software being inaccessible when the correct password is entered
• Access Policy feature now functions when Bitdefender Total Security is installed
• Manual scan of individual files and folders using context menu scan feature in Explorer no longer results in the scan failing to run under certain circumstances
• Green checkmark status is no longer indicated when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is unable to reach update servers when attempting to update
• Text is no longer cutoff in the UI on Windows XP or when the ‘Classic’ theme is used on Windows 7
• Scan time is now reflected accurately at the end of a scan
• Quarantined objects remain listed correctly in Limited User Accounts when restoration of an object fails due to lack of permissions
• Some words in UI which were not translated into non-English languages now are when those languages are selected
• Driver left behind during uninstallation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is now removed as it should be when the product is uninstalled